1. Housing and external design: one piece soft body of polycarbonate, with no access to 1450mAh battery. We will find external camera button with autofocus, micro USB port, volume control, front touch buttons and external access to the micro-SIM card. The screen is made of curved glass, 3,7″ with AMOLED technology.
note: click! on the image to enlarge
2. Operating System and User Interface: Windows Phone Mango (7.5), with easy to use interface. With Windows Phone 7.5 you cannot assign personalized ringtones (only with downloaded apps), no wallpapers (only changeable colors), there’s no USB mass storage functionality, Zune Software is necessary to sync photos/music/videos and the apps menu is organized by list.
Facebook, email accounts and instant messaging work perfect, specially If we compare it with Symbian Smartphones. Windows Phone 7.5 makes new smart Nokia handsets wonderful devices to be used. Internet Explorer for Windows Phone and Nokia Maps are the other apps that push Lumia 800 to a greater experience.
2. Multimedia Capabilities: the Nokia Lumia 800 demonstrate excellent sound quality while playing mp3 tracks. But we will miss for sure an equalizer to play with bass and treble. I recommend using in-ear headsets in order to increase the bass perception: the Urbanears Bagis headphones are a good choice, so the included headset doesn’t process the enough sound quality we should require.
Windows Phone is not full compatible with DivX movies in the Nokia WP phones: Zune Software will only convert .avi files (DivX) with 2 channels sound (2.1).
The battery life has been improved in the lasts software updates.
3. Photo and video samples: excellent quality pictures and video recordings, thanks to the 8MP AF Carl Zeiss lens.
Picture samples (original files):
note: click! on the pictures to enlarge
To check more pictures, enter here
4. Connectivity and connections: a 3.5 jack audio, and a micro USB port to charge the battery (but not a USB mass storage mode).
5. Memory: 16GB on-board memory, but only 13,86Gb will be available for media files. There’s no slot for micro SD memory card.
The Nokia Lumia 800 is a great device, thanks to the mix between design (based on the Nokia N9, MeeGo OS), camera features and networking capabilities.
Original and extended review, alexistechblog.com (Spanish)
Detailed specifications, Nokia Lumia 800 Features,
Additional information, here