1. Housing and external design: plastic finish, with exchangeable back cover. We will find external camera button with autofocus, micro USB port, volume control, and front mechanical buttons.
note: click! on the image to enlarge
2. Operating System and User Interface: Windows Phone Mango (7.5), with easy to use interface. With Windows Phone 7.5 you cannot assign personalized ringtones (only with downloaded apps), no wallpapers (only changeable colors), there’s no USB mass storage functionality, Zune Software is necessary to sync photos/music/videos and the apps menu is organized by list.
Facebook, email accounts and instant messaging work perfect, specially If we compare it with Symbian Smartphones. Windows Phone 7.5 makes new smart Nokia handsets wonderful devices to be used. Internet Explorer for Windows Phone and Nokia Maps are the other apps that push Lumia 710 to a greater experience.
2. Multimedia Capabilities: the Nokia Lumia 710 demonstrate an average sound quality while playing mp3 tracks. We will miss for sure an equalizer to play with bass and treble. I recommend using in-ear headsets in order to increase the bass perception: the Urbanears Bagis headphones are a good choice.
Windows Phone is not full compatible with DivX movies: Zune Software will only convert .avi files (DivX) with 2 channels sound (2.1).
3. Photo and video samples: good quality pictures and video recordings, much better than other 5MP optical solutions. Good definition and detailed scenes.
Picture samples (original files)
note: click! on the pictures to enlarge
Video recording sample:
4. Connectivity and connections: a 3.5 jack audio, and a micro USB port to charge the battery (but not a USB mass storage mode).
5. Memory: 8GB on-board memory, but only 5,74Gb will be available for media files. There’s no slot for micro SD memory card.
Original and extended review, alexistechblog.com